Korg X50 vs Roland Juno D

Reaction score
Our church is looking for a new keyboard - mainly for B3 and church organ sounds, string and pad sounds, brass, and EP sounds.

I have a Korg X5d that has killer Hammond B3 sounds and great pads, etc so I'm familiar with Korg products. I played a Korg X50 today and the sounds are also great -- good B3 sounds and the ability to use the mod wheel to add a Leslie speaker (rotary) effect. The unit itself is a bit chincy feeling to me. It costs $699 at most places.

I was wondering if the Roland Juno D would be something for us to check also? Anyone know of the quality of the B3, strings, etc compared to the Korg? Also, can you get a decent rotary speaker effect with it? And, does the unit itself feel like it's solidly made?

Which would you buy?

Reaction score
JUNO-D!!! It has knobs controller, and d-beam (you can use for activate rotary speaker/sustain/etc...)... The sounds are good... X50, i don't like it... It can't do sequencing... But if you have more, you can take TR61...

Ask a Question