Korg X50, Yamaha MM6 or Juno D/G?

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm looking for a reasonably priced 61 key stage synth. It needs to have combi mode so I can layer sounds and split the keyboard into at least four different sections. Will all these models allow me to do that?

Reaction score
Heed and read dude...I'm not positive, but something I would consider if you wanna do serious splits:

Roland is the only board I have come across that has the easiest user interface for splitting and layering, also effects routing.

ALSO:

what good is splitting the board into 4 if your octaves are all wrong?

I have played on the Yamaha motif ES6, Yamaha ES90 and Yamaha MO8 for the past 6 years at my day job. You are not able to assign separate octaves in your splits. For example, if you wanna play upright bass in your right hand, the bass will sound like a pizzicato violin and there's nothing you can do. your split MUST be in the octave you want the instrument to sound.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Thanks, it has helped. It's ruled out the Yamaha. You can't change octaves within in the split? That's rubbish! Cheers, mate.

Reaction score
in these low-end range of keys you mention junoG is a beast! and that's pretty much all one needs to know. :cool:

Ask a Question