Korg/Yamaha comparison question

Reaction score
I started to post this in the Korg forum. Then I started to post it in the Yamaha forum. But the question is for those who have used BOTH.

My church has a Korg Triton. We recently purchased a Yamaha MO6 as an additional/backup keyboard.

I've been able to find compatible settings for most sounds, but there are a couple of Korg sounds that I have not found compatible patches for yet.

Can you help?

I'm looking for the following (these are the Korg sounds):

B010 Dark Movie Pad
B022 Soft Piano Pad

If there is not a compatible sound, how hard would it be to create it? I am NOT a keyboard programmer.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Follow-up: I think I might have found a comparable setting for the DarkMoviePad with the DarkLight setting. I still need a good Piano/organ sound to cover the SoftPianoPad setting from the Korg.

Reaction score
I started to post this in the Korg forum. Then I started to post it in the Yamaha forum. But the question is for those who have used BOTH.

My church has a Korg Triton. We recently purchased a Yamaha MO6 as an additional/backup keyboard.

I've been able to find compatible settings for most sounds, but there are a couple of Korg sounds that I have not found compatible patches for yet.

Can you help?

I'm looking for the following (these are the Korg sounds):

B010 Dark Movie Pad
B022 Soft Piano Pad

If there is not a compatible sound, how hard would it be to create it? I am NOT a keyboard programmer.

Thanks.

When you say "compatible" you really mean "comparable" sounds - comparing the Korg to the Yamaha, right?

There may or may not be similar sounds between the two keyboards... why would the church buy a completely different machine (Yamaha MO6) as a "backup" instead of buying another Korg Triton as a backup? You will of course run into issues such as what you are now asking about - the sounds are different! :D Also, it's a different user interface, which will be something you need to learn - as opposed to if the "backup" 'board is a Triton then it would be the exact same interface as the "primary" board.

Reaction score
Yes, comparable. Sorry for the confusion.

It won't be an issue once we get the Korg repaired. We'll have both. Meanwhile, it would be nice if I could find or easily program a piano/organ patch.

Ask a Question