Krome Jazz/Rock Organ Progs

Reaction score
Hey all,
I just recently got a Krome and it is my first Synth/Workstation so I am not very experienced with it yet. Up till now been playing/gigging with a Yamah p155 and a couple low end Casios.
We play a few Dire Straits pieces and on the p155 I use the Jazz Organ voice.
Can anybody point me to a similar/ better sounding Jazz/Rock Organ Prog on the Krome? Kind of looking for the best starting point right now as I'm new/inexperienced with a workstation and after spending hours searching for the right sound I haven't been able to get there.
Any suggestions or guidance here would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Thanks Dave.
Yeah, I've joined the Korg Krome forum as well. I've gotten some good feedback but mostly about loading some new Progs from the download page. I've got to admit as this is my first workstation, im a little nervous with downloading and moving, saving new progs at this point. Im also a little leary of downloading anything that's not directly from Korg (like the new Triton download on the Korg Page). What is your opinion on this issue. Do you believe the downloads on that forum safe??
Also, I feel like such an amateur here asking such questions. I really am thrilled with all the new possibilities and options for creativity with this workstation, Just a little aggravated with my lack of experience with them at this point, but im working on it and every day brings more knowledge and exciting discoveries of WOW, now I can get the sound I really want!! LOL
Thanks a lot for your advice, or any new advice for someone trying to figure out and work with their first Synth.

Reaction score
I have found forumites to be non-destructive people so i don't think you would download a virus (if that is what you are worried about). Worse case scenario is that you reset the keyboard back to factory defaults. Save your stuff to a medium before loading anything. If it doesn't work out, reload your old sounds.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm with Dave on this. I've never heard of malware designed to screw with MIDI hardware. First off they are too small a market to attract the usual suspects when it comes to writing malware. Secondly, there's no money, hence no attraction for them in it.

Thirdly and finally, virtually all MIDI keyboards these days are dedicated computers running proprietary closed source operating systems so a hacker would really have his work cut out for him disassembling and decompiling the OS to even begin to create any sort of creative hack for a keyboard.

So, basically you're more likely to infect your computer with the loader if you used dodgy software than ever likely to infect an actual keyboard with anything bad.

Truth be told, manufacturers probably see 100% more botched firmware updates on warranty jobs than they'll ever see from malware :D :D :D

Gary

Ask a Question