Kross 2: No Pattern Recording!?

Reaction score
I haven't used the Kross 2....so I am utterly lost. I have been spending HOURS, trying to find the pattern mode. I managed to find e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g(except the pattern mode.) I looked through the PDF manual and there is no mention of how to access the pattern area.
In Korg's video tutorial,they only show you how to make a template...but do not show you how to access the F**KING pattern recording from within the sequencer section....WTF!?
Korg does not have a tech support line....so what am I supposed to do, return the F*KING keyboard because I cannot find the pattern section?? Did Korg do away with pattern recording in the 1.2.1 update??

Reaction score
After I bought my Kross 2 and tried to follow the Manual I found that the manual went through a number of transcriptions:-

Japanese to Hindu
Hindu to Portugese
Portugese to Russian
Russian to Urdu
Urdu to Mandarin
Mandarin to Italian
Italian to Klingon
Klingon to English (by a person whose native language is Rotokas)

Its crap, but there again the Sequencer is a tad difficult to get ones head around. I had about three months of sheer frustration but got there eventually.

On my iPad the page number displayed when viewing Korg manuals is out by a few pages as to the actual page ie Pad sampler is in the index as on page 93 yet I see it as Page 98.

OK lets get serious, it is a while since I had a K2 and my old grey matter is not what it was in the memory department.

The Sampler button is directly above the Pads and to set it up you have to press the Shift button and hold it down whilst pressing the Sampler button to enter Setup mode.

It is pretty normal with Korg OS to press and hold the Shift button before pressing any other button to enter setup mode of the button’s function.

If you have Wav files already on the SD card and want to load them it is a different procedure it is in the manual under Pad Audio Play.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
After I bought my Kross 2 and tried to follow the Manual I found that the manual went through a number of transcriptions:-

Japanese to Hindu
Hindu to Portugese
Portugese to Russian
Russian to Urdu
Urdu to Mandarin
Mandarin to Italian
Italian to Klingon
Klingon to English (by a person whose native language is Rotokas)

Its crap, but there again the Sequencer is a tad difficult to get ones head around. I had about three months of sheer frustration but got there eventually.

On my iPad the page number displayed when viewing Korg manuals is out by a few pages as to the actual page ie Pad sampler is in the index as on page 93 yet I see it as Page 98.

OK lets get serious, it is a while since I had a K2 and my old grey matter is not what it was in the memory department.

The Sampler button is directly above the Pads and to set it up you have to press the Shift button and hold it down whilst pressing the Sampler button to enter Setup mode.

It is pretty normal with Korg OS to press and hold the Shift button before pressing any other button to enter setup mode of the button’s function.

If you have Wav files already on the SD card and want to load them it is a different procedure it is in the manual under Pad Audio Play.

Hope this helps.
Forgive me for being immensely dense, but how on earth, does the sampler have any relevance at all, to my problem? I simply want to record a MIDI sequence pattern & then copy & paste said pattern to the sequencer( in order to create a song.)
If you could please point me in the right direction to the pattern sequencer area within the sequencer section, I would greatly appreciate it.

Reaction score
Well....I did not realize how different the menu layout is, from that of the other Korg keyboards I've had in the past. I discovered that all loop-based recording is done right in the song sequencer and all of the menu-diving for copying & pasting measures, has different pathways(due to the K2's smaller display screen size.)
I love the K2....but it's a terrible pain in the rump & I have a long & arduous learning curve ahead of me(with virtually no help from Korg.):mad:

Reaction score
I had a Korg Pa then bought the K2.

Chalk and cheese, the Pa was a doddle to learn compared to the very frustrating K2.

One thing I came to totally detest was the sixteen menu tabs you had to scroll though, I ended up with RSI, and that and the note cutoff were the two reasons I sold it, vowing never ever to buy a keyboard that did not have a touchscreen.

So what did I buy a Numa Compact 2X, great keybed, naff OS, this is supposedly a holding keyboard until the Korg 5X becomes available.

Reaction score
I had a Korg Pa then bought the K2.

Chalk and cheese, the Pa was a doddle to learn compared to the very frustrating K2.

One thing I came to totally detest was the sixteen menu tabs you had to scroll though, I ended up with RSI, and that and the note cutoff were the two reasons I sold it, vowing never ever to buy a keyboard that did not have a touchscreen.

So what did I buy a Numa Compact 2X, great keybed, naff OS, this is supposedly a holding keyboard until the Korg 5X becomes available.
Be that as it is....there's still too many good features for me to pass up the K2 and ultimately, the price seals the deal, for me. I have my PC workstation for all of the finer details and the K2 represents a supplement to my work , as well as an additional source of inspiration.

Ask a Question