Kross 2 With v 1.2.1 Update....WOW!!

Reaction score
Got my beloved Korg Kross 2 a couple of days ago & I am immersed in synth-nirvana( can't believe I even considered selling my original Kross 2 from 4 years ago!) After spending 2 days getting reacquainted with it, I am convinced that it many ways, it's an upgrade from my old Krome EX!
Of course though, the Kross 2 came out 5 years after the original Krome keyboard....so it must be the more recent tech that makes the Kross 2 so pristine!
even the D/A converters in the Kross 2, seem to be a notable upgrade from the Krome. This time around, I updated the OS to 1.2.1 and added the Kross 2 Option Libraries( Oasys Piano, EP collection & the Future Synth Collection!)
I really didn't have my original Kross 2 long enough to fully utilize it's functions....so I splurged and bought the Pyle Pro(Shure rip-off mic)....& hope to test it out soon.)

Reaction score
Glad you like yours.

I bought a K2 five years ago and uploaded the additional sounds when the OS update was released and the new piano pack was imo vastly superior to what was standard.

A lot of Pros for the K2 but in the end I sold mine as I really disliked the keybed and the sound cut off when changing from one Combi or Program to another.

Reaction score
Glad you like yours.

I bought a K2 five years ago and uploaded the additional sounds when the OS update was released and the new piano pack was imo vastly superior to what was standard.

A lot of Pros for the K2 but in the end I sold mine as I really disliked the keybed and the sound cut off when changing from one Combi or Program to another.
I'll admit that the key-bed took a bit of time to acclimate to...but's it's not that bad(& I mainly use the Kross 2 for recording, rather than performing.) Again....since I am not a live performer, the sound cut-off is not an issue at all.
Perhaps the 88-key version would have been more to your liking?

Ask a Question