Kurz PC3 HELP!

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post here and I'm a guitarist who's below average in keyboards :). I just received my Kurz PC361 today. Out of the box the sounds are excellent with great chance for modifications.

I have an out of the box problem, two buttons in the "Category" buttons don't light up when pressed! They work perfectly fine but the small LED light in the button just doesn't work. Even when I switch the keyboard on, and all the lights light up with the startup, these two buttons remain off :( Can any one advice what might be the problem here? Have I missed something that I should do for them to light up? or have I got a defective unit?

The problem in my country is that you can't just return an item if it has a problem like that, the dealer will fix it for you but will refuse a return for replacement or a refund unless it's completely dead out of the box. I'll hate that the service center here will open up the guts of my brand new not very cheap keyboard to repair a couple of dead LED lights :(

Please if anyone had any similar experience please give me an advice. Thanks

Reaction score
About 1 month after I received my PC3 the same thing happened with my quick access button, which unfortunately for me, is how I operate my PC3, i.e. I am always in quick access mode. I contacted Kurz support and they recommended to send it to a service center for repair. They advised it was a "quick fix". They are not going to replace the keyboard because of a couple of unlit buttons. I never bothered to get mine fixed and quite frankly until you mentioned it in your posting I had completely forgotten that mine was burned out. My advice would be one of two things: 1) take it to a service center for repair while it is still under warranty; 2) live with it.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I contacted the service center and they said it's an easy fix in waranty... I was thinking of keeping my 1 day old KB from being opened, specially that I know the service center in my country (Egypt) are not really that good based on my previous experience trying to fix my Korg TR61. But, it's a lamp right? that should be easy :( I hope so.

What about later on? did any problems ever happen? After my Korg died for the most stupid reason ever I decided to move to Kurz so I hope I don't have to take it to the service center anymore after this. Thanks again for your message, it reduced my freaking out :)

Reaction score
I've had my PC3 for about 10 months. Other than the 1 burned out light it has not even hiccuped one time. It is solid as a rock. I gig with mine alot so it is being moved alot and still no problems. Be sure to upgrade to the latest operating system (V2.10). It takes 5 minutes to upgrade.

http://kurzweil.com/product/pc361/downloads/

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Waleed :)

Sorry to hear about the defect, I hope you manage to get it fixed. Let us know how you get on!

Reaction score
I got it fixed in a day at the dealer. They said it was just a bad contact :) thanks for your help. I have got a lot to learn since this is not an easy to use instrument :D I will certainly ask for help soon :D

Ask a Question