Kurzweil 2500 XS Users?

Reaction score
Hello Kurzie owners... I've had mine since around 2000. I love this keyboard but fear it may be too much machine for me. I've never been able to use it to its full potential, and cannot even seem to figure out how to use the external hard drive feature. I am not exactly a techno-phobe, but all in all, I am intimidated by this thing... and I still love playing it. But that is all I do. I put on one sound, and I just play. (I also love Jordan Rudes videos.) I would like to learn how to record songs (there is never enough memory, but I added all RAM possible). I can't save songs... I would love to know how to hook it to my PC. It is set up for PC (not Mac).

Is there anyone in Portland, Oregon area who plays Kurzweils? I sure would love to get together and discuss.

All my best,
Naiya

Reaction score
Using the external hard drive feature means you'll need a SCSI cable, SCSI external hard disc and you'll need to know how to set it up. I think you'll need a SCSI terminator too.

Hooking it up to a pc just requires the PC to have a MIDI interface and you buy 2 MIDI cables, it's pretty straight forward.

Ask a Question