kurzweil 2500x fell in my lap need info.

Reaction score
Hi all,
First post here. I need some info. Yesterday morning a buddy called me and said that his dad's church was getting rid of a keyboard and wanted to know if I wanted it. # hours later and after buying a better music stand I was scratching my head in front of a totally free Kurzweil 2500x. It has been very hard finding info. out about this keyboard.
How old is it?
I know it can take akai samples which I have tons of can I swap out the floppy drive for something more current?
and most importantly
The headphone jack is produced sound only in the left ear. The head phones are stereo and work great. I know my friends dad is deaf in the right ear. Is it a possible setting in the keyboard? I don't want to reset because I would lose all of his sounds.
thanks for the help.
john

Reaction score
omg if you dont take that FREE kurzweil you are truly an idiot! (no offence!) that is one of the best keyboards! Jordan rudess uses it! best piano sample as well!

GET IT

Reaction score
no no! I guess I wasn't clear. I definitely have it! I just want to know if anyone can point me towards more info. when were they made? How do I get more samples for it or even learn how to use it?
MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW DO I GE THE HEADPHONES IN STEREO!!

Reaction score
It was released in 1996. IMO, it's still fantastic.

Manuals etc. at the Kurzweil Website
Good review at Sound on Sound Magazine
Big list of capabilities, including Akai sample support.

On the headphone jack, check through the manual carefully, the setting may be hidden somewhere. It's more likely to be a dodgy connector, which is easily fixed, but don't go at it with a soldering iron until you're sure!

Ask a Question