Kurzweil Forte factory B3/organ sounds

Reaction score
Hey all,

I’m looking into a Forte but not loving the factory B3 sounds. Are there 3rd party organ sound banks available to download?

Cheers!

Reaction score
Yeah, some reviews quote the B3 sounds as Quite Good, which to a musician of note, probably means crappy but better than some other manufacturers offerings.

Scroll down on the page in the link to see what is available direct from Kursweil, you will see that there are additions that can be loaded to the Forte including some classic organ sounds.

There there is Dave W’s downloads

If the above is not what you see then, Check out:-

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Biggles. Do you know if the Legacy sounds are editable? If that's a word :)

Reaction score
Kursweil kit is very sparse here in England so I have no hands on knowledge.

There are always Video Tutorials available for all makes of keys.

This is the homepage of a 10 video series which may offer the detail you seek.

Google will reveal others.

Reaction score
i created a double leslie that is a vast improvement over what you hear on the Forte factory sounds. The other thing you could do is purchase a pedal like the Lester K (which is not expensive), run the organ out the Aux jacks (dry, i.e. with the leslie switched off), and connect the Aux jack to a Lester K pedal to supply the leslie sim. This will vastly improve the sound. The actual organ sound of the Forte is quite good, the delivered leslie is not, so just adding an external pedal like the lester K improves it immensely. I use the Neo Ventilator rather than a Lester K. The organ sounds great with the Ventilator.

I also did MAJOR tweaking of the Kurzweil leslie effect using a 'double leslie" (think of a hammond connected to two leslies at the same time).

To retrieve it, go here (click where it says login):

If you want to hear what KB3 sounds like with the Ventilator and with my Double Leslie send me a PM and I'll attach MP3's (which I can't attach in the message).

Also, here is a guy that tweaked his PC3 internal leslie (those tweaks can be put into the Forte). Not the same as my tweak.

You'll hear in the video that the PC3 is brighter, especially the high drawbars. This solved by changing the wheel volume map to "mellow". Its default is 'bright", hence the bright sounding KB3 organ as compared to the hammond in the video.

1588357607620.png

Also, you'll hear in the video that the PC3's percussion is louder than the B3. This is adjustable so you can get the percussion level to be identical to the B3. Also it sounds as though the length of the percussion ping decays slightly longer than the real B3. This is also adjustable by tweaking the decay time.

1588358279703.png

Attachments

• 1588357704635.png
    1588357704635.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 1588358201174.png
    1588358201174.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Reaction score
i created a double leslie that is a vast improvement over what you hear on the Forte factory sounds. The other thing you could do is purchase a pedal like the Lester K (which is not expensive), run the organ out the Aux jacks (dry, i.e. with the leslie switched off), and connect the Aux jack to a Lester K pedal to supply the leslie sim. This will vastly improve the sound. The actual organ sound of the Forte is quite good, the delivered leslie is not, so just adding an external pedal like the lester K improves it immensely. I use the Neo Ventilator rather than a Lester K. The organ sounds great with the Ventilator.

I also did MAJOR tweaking of the Kurzweil leslie effect using a 'double leslie" (think of a hammond connected to two leslies at the same time).

To retrieve it, go here (click where it says login):

If you want to hear what KB3 sounds like with the Ventilator and with my Double Leslie send me a PM and I'll attach MP3's (which I can't attach in the message).

Also, here is a guy that tweaked his PC3 internal leslie (those tweaks can be put into the Forte). Not the same as my tweak.

You'll hear in the video that the PC3 is brighter, especially the high drawbars. This solved by changing the wheel volume map to "mellow". Its default is 'bright", hence the bright sounding KB3 organ as compared to the hammond in the video.

View attachment 1817

Also, you'll hear in the video that the PC3's percussion is louder than the B3. This is adjustable so you can get the percussion level to be identical to the B3. Also it sounds as though the length of the percussion ping decays slightly longer than the real B3. This is also adjustable by tweaking the decay time.

View attachment 1820
Thanks so much, that's great info. The tweak sounds great!

Ask a Question