Kurzweil Forte: How to edit a Program's keyboard velocity reponse?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm lost in parameters with the Kurzweil Forte 7.
What values do I need to edit to flatten a Program's velocity reponse?

Say I have Program #153 Super Saw, which consists of several Layers and it's quite velocity sensitive altogether - which I want to change. My goal is to save a version that sounds as if it was played from a non-velocity-responsive MIDI keyboard, e.g. all notes equally loud like MIDI velocity 64 would sound.

That seems easy at first, and I even enjoy reading manuals, but I couldn't figure out how to achieve this.

By the way, my bigger goal is to include the altered Super Saw in a Multi, where it appears only if I strike the keyboard below MIDI attack velocity 64 - above that value, an E-Piano sound is playing. That works great already - if it wasn't for the responsiveness of the original Super Saw program: Because if I play softer to get it playing, it also sounds more quiet, which is exactly the wrong effect for my purposes.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm lost in parameters with the Kurzweil Forte 7.
What values do I need to edit to flatten a Program's velocity reponse?

Say I have Program #153 Super Saw, which consists of several Layers and it's quite velocity sensitive altogether - which I want to change. My goal is to save a version that sounds as if it was played from a non-velocity-responsive MIDI keyboard, e.g. all notes equally loud like MIDI velocity 64 would sound.

That seems easy at first, and I even enjoy reading manuals, but I couldn't figure out how to achieve this.

By the way, my bigger goal is to include the altered Super Saw in a Multi, where it appears only if I strike the keyboard below MIDI attack velocity 64 - above that value, an E-Piano sound is playing. That works great already - if it wasn't for the responsiveness of the original Super Saw program: Because if I play softer to get it playing, it also sounds more quiet, which is exactly the wrong effect for my purposes.

Thank you.
great question!

I don't have a Forte but have a PC3 and many of the functions are similar. On my PC3 at the 'layer' level (each program has layers that make up the program sound) there are two function tabs, DSPCTL and DSPMOD. On the DSPCTL page there is a function called LEVEL, Set the VelTrk to '0'. Haven't tried this myself but I'm pretty sure this is where you need to start. So peek around in the Forte under similar tabs you'll probably find something similar there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check your idea as soon as possible, and that's after my mother recovered from her stroke

Ask a Question