Kurzweil Forte... worth it?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a new stage piano and considering the Nord Stage 3, the Roland RD-2000 and the Kurzweil Forte or the Kurzweil PC4. Couple of questions for those who are familiar with the Kurzweils.

A 2015 Sound on Sound review of the Forte mentions an abrupt transition from mf to f on the piano sounds (https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/kurzweil-forte). Anyone have any knowledge about that?

Can I load my own samples into the PC4 or the Forte?

How is the key action on both of them? Are they different to each other?

Reaction score
The Forte is the flagship, it has the better piano samples. the forte also has an internal power supply where the PC4 is external. the Forte also has the TP40L keybed which from most people gets high marks where the PC4 uses a Medeli action which many people dont like. i'm not certain about either board but i dont recall either having the ability to load samples. if you download the manuals for both off of the kurzweil site they typically list the samples included with the keyboard. perhaps the samples you'd like to load are already contained in the keyboard.

Reaction score
Yes, the Forte and PC4 both have available sample memory where you can load your own samples. 3.3 GB in the Forte, and I think 2 GB in the PC4.

Reaction score
I would say that the Forte is worth the price considering all that is offered with the board. go to the Kurzweil site to see the specs and features. Also, their customer support is world class.

Ask a Question