Kurzweil k2000/2500 midi software

GDB

Reaction score
I have a K2000 with the 2500 sounds and was wondering if there is a way to get the older version of cakewalk that was out around the late 90's. It had the setup that had the k2500 mappings already in the software. Or are there a newer software out there that does the same thing? I am not a keyboard player but used it to convert midi files to krz files.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't know if you can still find older versions of Cakewalk archived on the web, but I'm guessing that all you really need to do is find a copy of a Cakewalk instrument file or patch list for the Kurzweil and import it into the current version of Cakewalk.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Cakewalk by Bandlab (The current free version) still uses the exact same INS files as my 1998 version 9.01 of Cakewalk does.

Forget about pirating an older version.

The software is copy protected with a serial number and a product key.

By the time they got around to later versions of Cakewalk and Sonar they all used web based registration which no longer exists.

The current version by Bandlab is totally free as in beer. :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question