kurzweil K2500X

Reaction score
Heey

I was just going to start this topic, becuase I just want to hear your opinion on the k2500x, I'm in love with it! deepley if It haden't been so old (and expensive) I would buy one tomorrow

Anyone have any experiance with the 2500x?

Reaction score
The only experience I have with Kurzweil keyboards in general is that I've played one or two in stores, and I know that Jordan Rudess used one before switching to the Korg Oasys. My impression of it when playing in the store (I can't at all remember what the name was, but I think it's quite similar on all kurzweils) was that it had a quite small screen, which I had a hard time navigating through, BUT I really loved the sounds I found, they were hilarious :)

That's the only experience I have with Kurzweil, hope it helped :)

Reaction score
The only experience I have with Kurzweil keyboards in general is that I've played one or two in stores, and I know that Jordan Rudess used one before switching to the Korg Oasys. My impression of it when playing in the store (I can't at all remember what the name was, but I think it's quite similar on all kurzweils) was that it had a quite small screen, which I had a hard time navigating through, BUT I really loved the sounds I found, they were hilarious :)

That's the only experience I have with Kurzweil, hope it helped :)

I agree I actually played on in the mall last week.

The sound was good, but the screen was small...since I have bad sight it was really hard to see what I was doing haha.

Reaction score
Kurzweil K2500 X for sale

Hi Everyone !
My name is Krystof ( www.krystofonline.com). I am a pianist/ composer based in Florida. I have currently Kurzweil K 2500 X for sale. 88 weighted keys. It needs some work though. The effect processor needs replacement, and there are 2 "sticking" notes that produce maximum volume - 127 : the rubber contacts just need replacement. There are shops around that can still fix it. I just talked to Sweetwater tech support, and they assured me that they can still service it. I would sell it for 300 bucks (obo), plus shipping and handling. No flight case. I would have to either pack it well, or charge potential buyer for keyboard case ( I have only a soft case, since I used it only for local gigs, but mainly in my studio). It has 128 MB ROM expansion board, 2 GB Internal HD installed, and full of sound libraries ( including Take 6), daughterboard custom installed. I also have GLYPH SCSI CD ROM drive, and cable.
Anyone interested please contact me by e-mail:
(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
Hi Everyone !
My name is Krystof ( www.krystofonline.com). I am a pianist/ composer based in Florida. I have currently Kurzweil K 2500 X for sale. 88 weighted keys. It needs some work though. The effect processor needs replacement, and there are 2 "sticking" notes that produce maximum volume - 127 : the rubber contacts just need replacement. There are shops around that can still fix it. I just talked to Sweetwater tech support, and they assured me that they can still service it. I would sell it for 300 bucks (obo), plus shipping and handling. No flight case. I would have to either pack it well, or charge potential buyer for keyboard case ( I have only a soft case, since I used it only for local gigs, but mainly in my studio). It has 128 MB ROM expansion board, 2 GB Internal HD installed, and full of sound libraries ( including Take 6), daughterboard custom installed. I also have GLYPH SCSI CD ROM drive, and cable.
Anyone interested please contact me by e-mail:
(e-mail address removed)

I'm not sure of if the k 2500x(s) is the same synth and IF it is I would like to know why you sells it so cheap?...The few I've seen on the internet is about 20000 kr = $2500...is it in that bad shape? I meen those errors you counted up can't come up to that much money ^^ so a little more info wouden't hurt ;)

Reaction score
Please help me!
I really need the original ROM firmware M27256 for Kurzweil K2500X. This is the U2 chip on the "Audio/Scanner" PCB.

Ask a Question