Kurzweil k2600

Reaction score
I have found a k2600 for 1000$. The guy says he's been using it for 5 years. Would you guys recomand buy this keyboard? (gonna use it for metal)

Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
I disagree,I think for use with a band,this is an excellent choice.If however,you were to use it as a stand-alone workstation for all of your home studio recording & song writing,it may fall a bit short in terms of polyphony & memory(but this could easily be worked around with a portable multi-track recorder or a PC DAW).

-Elwood

Reaction score
yes in a band situation its not bad. however i just did a quick search on google/myspace and found that a majority of metal bands are using korgs. probably because their sounds are can be integrated into the genre easier. actually a good chunk of them are using m50's which are a great keyboard. and are about 1000 new. which is the same price zorag would pay for the 5 year old keyboard.

Reaction score
actually i found that a lot of metal bands are using smaller synths but the ones that are using workstations are mostly using korgs

Reaction score
Yeah...I used to own an M50 & it is indeed,a fantastic workstation for just over a grand,but the key action is not all that great,the pianos suck & the sound creation is limited.

TheK2600 has 76 semi-weighted,full size keys and with it's V.A.S.T. sound engine,you can build sounds from the ground up(whereas the M50 is a dead end,sound-wise).

Besides which,I don't really place any stock on statistics....so I wouldn't concern myself with what the general populace deems as being popular or "trendy".

-Elwood

Reaction score
The m50 is a real bummer that it has no sampling, but it's newer as far as technology is concern. I mean you don't have to use the floppy disks you would for the Kuzweil. However I was thinking if the K2600X was good enough for Rudess it could be good enough for me.

Reaction score
I think it would fit nicely with some progressive metal if thats what you're doing. As elwood said, the K2600 has sound creation from the ground up. You need that flexiblitly when you're working with a genre like metal.

Reaction score
sorry guys i didnt mean it sarcastically i literally just meant i dont know if its going to be good for metal. apparently it will.

Ask a Question