Kurzweil KP150 Keyboard

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and having some issues with my Kurzweil KP150 Keyboard not connecting to computer. The manual says that i need to us "PC SUITE to connect Keyboard to my computer. Where can I get this PC Suite app? I have checked Kurzweil web site and do not see the app for download.

Thankyou

Reaction score
So if that is the case what software is one to use to connect to pc. Any suggestions

Reaction score
Welcome.

What are you trying to achieve with the computer connection?

In the Kurzweil website on the Downloads page all there is is the Manual, there is no Driver file so your KP should cause a generic driver to be loaded by your computer and it should function.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Does this sucker have proper DIN MIDI ports?

If it does then you are in luck.

Buy a $20 USB MIDI Interface and use the DIN ports to connect to the PC.

I'm guessing this is an ancient vintage keyboard so even if there was a driver for the USB port a decade or more ago it probably wouldn't work on any modern operating system.

DIN MIDI ports will work just fine as a workaround. It just won't show as "Kurweil" under device manager. It will be something like Class Compliant Audio device.

It's Plug n Play. No driver required.

Then you can work with it with any MIDI software you choose.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Picture1.gif

The MIDI to USB Interface you suggested does not have the correct plugs. I attached a pic of the plugs in the back of the unit. The keyboard is new. From what I understand it came out in 2019. It connects through USB. One of the things I would like to do is be able to use the mic plugged into the key board when using FL studio. Fl studio recognizes the keyboard ok however it does not recognize the mic plugged into the keyboard. When playing the keyboard FL Studio receives the music but does not receive the vocals from the mic. I must use a usb mic to get the vocals. Now the manual that came with the keyboard explains changes that can be made via the usb connection. But Cowboy NQ is correct that this is an error. This section has been removed from the online manual. There is other errors such as the song list says that song 49 is "Yellow Rose Of Texas" when it is actually "Have you ever seen the rain" by Creedence Clearwater Revival. But that is not important. So I am going to forget about connecting to the PC and just worry about the mic issue.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First of all. MIDI is DATA. Audio is ANALOG.

We're talking apples and oranges here.

The USB port is a Class Compliant MIDI Port that transmits strings of binary data to the computer.

The microphone you speak of CANNOT simply plug into a keyboard and be recognized unless there's an A/D converter and proper drivers built into the keyboard to digitize the sound.

What you need to do is plug the Key'board's USB port into the computer's USB port to record MIDI Data and run a mic and the keyboard's AUDIO OUTS into an mixer/USB audio interface like your computer's sound card.

Recording MIDI and recording AUDIO are two entirely different things requiring proper connections to get them all working.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question