Kurzweil Mark 5 will not power up

Reaction score
In the middle of playing my Kurzweil it went dead. Opened it up and checked the fuses, both are not blown. What is the next componet I should be checking?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you're OK with opening it up and poking around I'd suggest taking a DVOM and checking the power supply for outputs to the main boards.

Chances are if you're not seeing +/-5VDC and +/-12VDC on at least some of the outputs then you're looking at a fried power supply.

Otherwise if the outputs seem to be powering up OK it's probably a system board problem.

Also I'd suggest actually pulling the fuses one at a time and running an ohmmeter continuity check just to make certain that the fuses actually are good and not suffering from an invisible blowout. Eyeballs alone can only tell you so much about the condition of a fuse.

Gary

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the information and the quick response. I will check it out when I get home from work.

Ask a Question