Kurzweil PC1 x bend issue Help Please

Sel

Reaction score
HI
Im not sure if this is the right place for these question, but please someone advise me if I need to post elsewhere.

I have a Kurzweil PC1X. I bought it new about 18 years ago. I record with Cubase 12 Artist. Recently on playing back a piano ( for eg) part that I just recorded, I hear the piano going slightly out of tune. On looking at the midi info I see that Midi Bend information has been recorded into Cubase. I did not bend the notes so Im concerned as to how this info is getting recorded.
This morning on playing back a track recorded a few days ago...the strings start to go out of tune. I look at the midi information, and there is no midi bend info there. So another mystery as to why this is happening.

From my understanding there are three possibilities, and I hope someone out the can help me solve the mystery and advise what i need to do to stop this

First option is the bend pot is now faulty for some reason, and is just sending out the bend info on its own.
Second option is there is some faulty part on the circuit board sending out this info
Third option...could it be a faulty midi lead?

Has anyone out there had this experience and if so what did you do?
Many thanks for your help
Sel

Reaction score
HI
Im not sure if this is the right place for these question, but please someone advise me if I need to post elsewhere.

I have a Kurzweil PC1X. I bought it new about 18 years ago. I record with Cubase 12 Artist. Recently on playing back a piano ( for eg) part that I just recorded, I hear the piano going slightly out of tune. On looking at the midi info I see that Midi Bend information has been recorded into Cubase. I did not bend the notes so Im concerned as to how this info is getting recorded.
This morning on playing back a track recorded a few days ago...the strings start to go out of tune. I look at the midi information, and there is no midi bend info there. So another mystery as to why this is happening.

From my understanding there are three possibilities, and I hope someone out the can help me solve the mystery and advise what i need to do to stop this

First option is the bend pot is now faulty for some reason, and is just sending out the bend info on its own.
Second option is there is some faulty part on the circuit board sending out this info
Third option...could it be a faulty midi lead?

Has anyone out there had this experience and if so what did you do?
Many thanks for your help
Sel
Option 1 is a common problem. On the PC3 series you can turn the bend off in the control setup. The control setup controls what program controllers are active. for each setup you have to turn them off in each zone. If the pitch bend can be disabled then disable it and check the result.

Ask a Question