Kurzweil PC2X

Reaction score
I am the original owner of a PC2X. Today I turned it on, and the only thing I can see in the display is 20 lit rectangles in a row. Anyone have a clue.

Thanks!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Many possible causes... All of them bad I'm afraid.

It could need a skilled technician to open it up and swap out a motherboard, IF a replacement can be found.

Or it could be a dirty ribbon connector that needs to be pulled and cleaned and reseated PROPERLY.

Or it could be a failing display module. Again, replacements may be difficult to find.

I have no way of knowing your skill level with repairing electronics so I leave it to you to explore any DIY or paid service options.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Gary. I did find a thread on the problem, but I will probably have to cart the keys to a Kurz warranted repair shop. I'd like to know how some people arrived at the solution.

Reaction score
The motherboard (main circuit board) was dead. Two techs searched for a used one but no luck. I advertised it (broken) on a local neighborhood website, for free. A local tech took it. He wanted to take it apart for practice then maybe do a long search to get it working. I had bought it new so it served me well for 21 years. I then purchased a new Kawai MP7 SE. Nice board - action is a little heavier than the pc2X, but I am satisfied with it.

Ask a Question