Kurzweil Pc3x Volume Level question.

Reaction score
I've had my Pc3x for about a year now, and its a fantastic keyboard to play around with. My problems started when I started touring with a band, and kept using different types of sounds in each song.
The volume levels of the different sounds was so different that my sound engineer got tired keeping my levels steady.

For example my Piano sound is a bit higher than my normal Rhodes, but again the Organ sound is way louder than those sounds again. And some of the nice string sounds is very soft.

This is not a problem in the studio, but Live, I have to keep lvling myself with the master fader all the time, since my sounds are so different.
Do you guys have a quick fix to make the volume levels more or less the same with every sound/patch.

Thank you :)

Reaction score
There is no easy fix. You need to go into the 'common' tab of each program and raise/lower the output of each program until they are level balanced. I'd also save each program in the user area. In the event of an operating system upgrade the factory sounds would be reset to factory levels and you'd have to repeat the process. If they are user sounds they can always be reloaded so this process would only have to be done once, assuming you save your user sounds to some other media device.

Ask a Question