Kurzweil PC4-7 or Yamaha YC73 for an all purpose keyboard

Reaction score
I'm kinda shocked there's no bank of favorites {on the Numa}. That's a deal-breaker for me.
On most boards, Favorites are a way of getting quick access to sounds that might otherwise be scattered in all different locations that would be time-consuming to navigate between. On the Numa, you can re-order the sounds and put the ones you access most frequently near each other, make them the first ten, whatever. So it still gives you that functionality of not having to navigate distances to get from one favorite sound to another. You do have to use the wheel to go from one to another, though, as opposed to using buttons.

Anyway, the thing that really brought me back to the thread is, the YC organ rotary effect is much better with the new software update that just came out, so some of the criticisms above have been addressed. The update also improved the playability of the pianos from the BHS action, which I hadn't been happy with before... the velocity settings update I mentioned in post #4 was only for the CP at the time, and the new update add similar controls to the YC. In fact, my main gigging rig right now is probably going to be a YC73 and a PC4-7.

Last edited:

Ask a Question