Kurzweil PC88-MX

Reaction score
As a follow up to my other post- I went to turn on the PC 88 tonight and I get just bars on the LCD.... no text- no other lights. Is this a result of the battery or did something else get hosed? I tried the troubleshooting steps like the manual says and nothing.
No sound- just a partially lit display with bars.... any ideas?

Reaction score
not yet- I wasn't sure if that is what causes that- I thought maybe I would have got another message about the battery being less voltage or dead. I will do that next

Reaction score
I wondered if you had replaced the battery because if you'd had it apart I'd say a ribbon cable got unplugged or something, but you can rule that out.

I can't say for sure with that particular unit, but usually when the battery dies you just lose the user presets. With a dead battery it will re-load what it needs to run from a rom chip.

I have seen a battery leak and cause corrosion that caused similar problems to what you're experiencing. Cleanup and a new battery fixed that one.

Kind of funny you were getting a low battery message first though. I'd just slowly and carefully open it up and take a look.

I fixed my old Poly 800 this summer by disconnecting the cables inside and re-connecting. Sometimes they suffer from a condition known as "creep" caused by expasion and contraction from heating up and cooling down.

- Jim

Ale

Reaction score
Did you solve your problem?

not yet- I wasn't sure if that is what causes that- I thought maybe I would have got another message about the battery being less voltage or dead. I will do that next

I have the same problem, the screen is on but display nothing. Did the change of the battery solve your problem? If not, what you did?

Ale

Ask a Question