Kurzweil sample memory

Reaction score
Not kurzweil specific, but just in general, two 64 mb modules will do the same thing as a single 128 mb module. The advantage of a 128 module is, if the board has 2 slots, you can put in 128 and still have a slot free. The advantage of two 64 modules is, one can fail, and you still have 64 mb. ;-)

Reaction score
is there a danger in installing 2 128MB so should a module fail, still have another one working (something like Apple saying their computers are not upgradable but are...)

Reaction score
If Kurzweil says it can address 128 mb maximum, it probably can address 128 mb maximum. But as I said, my info was not Kurz specific. I don't know anything about the Kx2600xs. Maybe someone else can be more helpful. Also, have you tried contacting Kurz tech support? They're good, and you'll probably get the right answer. ;-)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If there are two DIMM slots, and Max Addressable is 128 MB then that usually means you are limited to addressing a pair of 64 MB sticks.

This is probably by design depending on which CPU and MMU they designed with.

Stick with 2 64 sticks.

That's my advice.

Any extra memory is either useless and/or risky.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question