Kurzweil SP2 HELP PLEASE!!!!

Reaction score
I just bought the SP2. I am embarassed to say I do not know how to turn on the lower keys. when I start her up the lower 2-3 octaves are mute. I have only used Korgs in the past and have read through the manual for this Kurzweil but have not found anything. I have a show in a couple days and am freaking out.

Can anyone help?

Just looking for simple instructions.

Thanks everyone!

Reaction score
Are you having issues in Setup Mode or Performance Mode?

The colour of the LED will tell you which mode you are in. If memory serves red means Performance mode, green means Setup mode.

If you're in performance mode the whole keyboard should be active, as I don't think the SP2 is capable of splitting a performance across the keyboard.

If you're in Setup mode there could be a split in the particular setup you're using, for example Strings up on the top end of the keyboard and a bass sound on the left hand side. If you're in setup mode and can't hear anything regardless of which setup you choose, check the 4 control knobs which control the zone volume, make sure they're all turned up. Check page 3-13 of the manual. Also splits are explained on page 4-3.

Ask a Question