Kurzweil SP3X LS

Reaction score
Hi all. Mainboard & the LCD display we think. Won't boot properly. It's been into the local authorised repairers. New parts from Australis or Korea well over AUS $1000. plus labour. Part #'s are 1010101440 & 101040072001
Anyone in here with sources for 2nd hand parts ?
cheers from Brisbane Downunder.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Besides looking around Ebay, you can check with these guys.

Are you sure it's the display AND the mainboard?

Highly unlikely both would quit at the same time.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Cheer Gary,

Mainboard for sure although it cold booted the other day into a 'working machine' & readable LCD just after it had been in the workshop (Watson Electronics)!
Got home from Watsons, left the axe outside next to the garbage bins in disgust & I think a possum urinated on it overnight :)
Brought it into my workshop (I used to restore acoustic pianos & such), disinfected it, decided to power it up & hey presto, lights camera & action ! rather, orange lights, legible lcd & sound.
Even got to play a few bars of Eye in the Sky :)

Turned it off, been dead ever since. It's now back with Darryl at Watsons for further testing.
He's saying without a working board it's hard to assess whether the LCD is a goer although the aforementioned experience promises something.
I'll chase your ref's .. a working second hand board will be the only way methinks if it's a no go.

I'm hoping it's a loose contact, switchgear, relay or even a temperamental light perhaps.

Appreciate the assist muchly

ivorytickler

Are you sure it's the display AND the mainboard?

Highly unlikely both would quit at the same time.

Gary ;)
[/QUOTE]

Ask a Question