Laptop/Microphone set-up (part B)

Reaction score
Part 2 of my dilemma... So if I can manage to get the laptop hooked up correctly, my next line of questions are regarding the microphone. My Mixer has 18w phantom power. Will I need an audio interface to record in my laptop or will the mixer convert the signals on its own? If I instead plug the microphone into one of the keyboards, will the keyboard convert the signal to be able to record on the laptop?

Attachments

• IMG_20210426_154621.jpg
    IMG_20210426_154621.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 51

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
See my other reply to this same question.

PLEASE DO NOT POST THE SAME QUESTION MULTIPLE TIMES!!!! ONCE IS PLENTY!!!!

Reaction score
See my other reply to this same question.

PLEASE DO NOT POST THE SAME QUESTION MULTIPLE TIMES!!!! ONCE IS PLENTY!!!!
Dude... It's a different question!! This one refers to my microphone question and the other refers to mixer to laptop but since they both involve using the same mixer in the equation I chose the same title. Excuse me if I am wrong but I didn't want to confuse anyone by asking both "different" questions in the same post.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The Mixer provides phantom power to the mic and line level at the outputs and considerably hotter output to the headphone out.

You can plug the mixer directly into any line level device including a computer or an audio interface.

Ask a Question