Laptops

Reaction score
Anyone using them for live gigs? i just got one and was wondering what is being used for a stand?

Reaction score
I've used one to play at church, where I could put the laptop and a 61-key MIDI controller on top of the church's keyboard (a Korg shaped like an upright piano but not as tall, so I can still easily play the keyboard on top). You could also use your amp, if it has a flat top, or a chair, or if you have a lot of gear and have a rack, put it on top of that.

Reaction score
I've used a heavy duty metal music stand , (the type that you might see a conductor using). My laptop isn't very heavy and the stand worked fine. My other set-up was a folding tray stand like you might to see in a school cafeteria.

Reaction score
I've used a heavy duty metal music stand , (the type that you might see a conductor using). My laptop isn't very heavy and the stand worked fine. My other set-up was a folding tray stand like you might to see in a school cafeteria.

Cool, I'm gonna take my laptop to Guitar Center and check this one out :)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ProLine-Conductor-Sheet-Music-Stand-100473279-i1168480.gc

My laptop is this one:

http://www.jr.com/acer-computer/pe/ACE_AOA1501570/

So it may be light enough for it :)

Reaction score
Be careful with a music stand. It will work, but I'd check it every gig to make sure it's stable. You'd also want to do whatever you can to prevent it from being bumped; it wouldn't be that hard to knock your laptop off and maybe permanently destroy it. It'll work, but I'd suggest finding something else, if you can.

Reaction score
I saw this in the paper today and got it at Walgreens for $19.00

Attachments

• Laptop.jpg
    Laptop.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 417
Reaction score
Ah, safety first... the laptop is expensive and it might get into an accident while everyone is rocking the house. People get careless...Buy a stand that is sturdy and durable.
It looks more professional, and you wont have to bother anyone on where to set up.
You can set up nearly anywhere. Get more gigs that way.

Ask a Question