Last finger

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Do you mean your "pinky" or little finger?

I would say that the best way to strengthen any finger or muscle is to use it, so just practice fingering exercises that include the use of your little finger.

However, I've heard that it's better to exercise for shorter periods rather than longer periods, and to split up your allotted exercise time into multiple sessions with rest periods in between, rather than trying to get it all in at one time. You want to "teach" your muscles what you want them to do and give them a chance to develop and improve in a natural way, not wear them out-- and possibly injure them-- by overdoing it. And you want to teach yourself how to exercise and use your muscles, not wear yourself out and stress yourself out to the point where you'd rather give up rather than put yourself through repeated sessions of "punishing" workouts.

Reaction score
Go to Amazon

Type in

GRIPMASTER

It exercises all fingers or just the ones you want, its small and you can use it anywhere.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I see gripmaster is quite expensive through amazon. I can see ebay has them much cheaper.

I do wonder though if one would use it for a few days and get sick and tired of it. One needs self disipline to adhere to a regular program of daily exercises. I think I would fail that and after 2 days the gripmaster would get dumped into the kitchen junk drawer.

Don't waste your money on these gimmicks. Rubber bands work as well for next to no cost.

Ray

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Although you both make valid points, I think the fears about getting tired of an exercise program might be a little blown out of proportion in this case, since you can easily (and rather mindlessly) use the Gripmaster, rubber stress ball, or other gadget while sitting in your comfy chair watching television, or listening to music, etc. The trick is to keep it handy, but most of all to not overdo the exercises such that you end up over-fatiguing or even injuring your muscles. It's better to do multiple short sessions that don't leave you sore or fatigued, and that can easily be worked into your daily activities without having to clear a 30-minute or 1-hour block of time and rearrange other activities.

Ask a Question