Layering a recording on a Roland E-09

Reaction score
Hi there
I have the above keyboard and would like to create a piece of music with involves a background, cello part and violin.

I have managed to record the background which is keyboard using one of the many options that there are. I have then replayed it and recorded the cello over this where I want it. I now need to record the violin part which follows after the cello, but either I am doff, which is very possible, or I am just not understanding how to do it.

So what I am aiming for is a background that plays all the way through. A cello part that plays over the background. Cello finishes and then the violin takes over the next part.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Beth

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Exactly HOW have you recorded the first two tracks? Are they audio recordings or MIDI sequences? What are you using to record with? An internal sequencer or an audio mutlitrack recorder or are you using a computer?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hello Happy Rat
I am very ignorant with a keyboard. I used the manual that I was given and recorded the background on the keyboard itself. Then I played that and recorded the Cello part where I wanted it, also on the keyboard.
I then replayed it with the intention of then recording the violin part. If I replay purely to listen, then I get the background and the cello. However, If I do the playback with the intention of recording a further part, then only the background plays, no cello.
I have retried and am sure I am following the directions correctly, but it just does not allow me to add a further instrument.
The instructions speak abut selecting either keyboard single or keyboard track, but I do not get the option to select track, only keyboard. The only other option I get is to punch in/out, but then, if I understand correctly, i would then lose my background music.

Do you have any suggestions?
Regards
Beth

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The instructions of which you speak are on pages 19 thru 21 of the manual.

https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/E-09_OM.pdf

It seems to be a very primitive 16 track sequencer.

Frankly I'm no wizard when it comes to arrangers so I can't really help you here.

My guess is you are not switching to the appropriate track when you want to assign your parts. How you accomplish that is not exactly clear from the manual.

I found this tutorial on Youtube but unless you are fluent in Hindi I doubt it will help much.

You may want to visit http://forums.rolandclan.com/ and somebody with hands on experience with the instrument may be able to spell it out with step by step instructions.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hello Gary

Unfortunately, I neither speak nor understand Hindi, so there you are.

Thank you for trying to assist. I will contact the music shop where I bought the keyboard and see if they cannot refer me to someone who can assist.

Kind regards
Beth

Ask a Question