Leslie/Nord question

Reaction score
If I understand the construction of the Leslie system then in theory yes it can be connected.

There is a BUT.

You may need an interface unit since some Leslie’s were connected directly to the internal circuitry of the organ rather than to any traditional outputs.

So it may well depend upon the specifics of the Leslie unit you intend to use.

There again I may be totally wrong and it is a simple task.

Using an emulator is another matter

Reaction score
I presume you are actually referring to a leslie rotating speaker, and the answer is "yes" . You will have to insure that any leslie you obtain is equipped with the correct connection/preamp to connect to your Nord. I love the real Hammond and Leslie sound, however they are difficult to move around for live use in a bad. (I did that for over 20 years though.) Many of us who gig now used leslie simulators and they can do a great job. Here's a link to an article about the leslie sim that I use. You can hold it in your hand. https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/neo-instruments-ventilator

Reaction score
Which leslie, a tube leslie like a 122 or 147, or a solid state like a motion sound or leslie 825, 910, type? Which Nord, electro or Stage? the general answer is yes to all but the investment can range from none to $500. A motion sound has a 1/4" input, simply plug in and go; a 122/147 will need a pre-amp like a trek; could be $400 or more, depending on the pre-amp. Now if you're question is what is the cheapest investment, look for a Motion sound that just plugs into the keyboard directly; easiest way to go. Electro, you can split the outputs left/right for organ and other, organ goes out one of the outputs and directly into a motion sound or other type leslie, all other non-organ goes out the other output. Nord Stage, I don't think that you can split the output for organ and other instruments, so you will need a bypass switch to go around the leslie when playing non organ instruments. So give us more details, what Nord product and what leslie specifically. Also, there was mention of leslie simulators, like the lester K and the Ventilator. These products are good enough to where you can now leave the leslie at home, especially the Vent. That is what I gig with; my Motionsound leslie sits in the basement now; not worth carrying it to shows; the Vent handles the duties almost as well.

Reaction score
Which leslie, a tube leslie like a 122 or 147, or a solid state like a motion sound or leslie 825, 910, type? Which Nord, electro or Stage? the general answer is yes to all but the investment can range from none to $500. A motion sound has a 1/4" input, simply plug in and go; a 122/147 will need a pre-amp like a trek; could be $400 or more, depending on the pre-amp. Now if you're question is what is the cheapest investment, look for a Motion sound that just plugs into the keyboard directly; easiest way to go. Electro, you can split the outputs left/right for organ and other, organ goes out one of the outputs and directly into a motion sound or other type leslie, all other non-organ goes out the other output. Nord Stage, I don't think that you can split the output for organ and other instruments, so you will need a bypass switch to go around the leslie when playing non organ instruments. So give us more details, what Nord product and what leslie specifically. Also, there was mention of leslie simulators, like the lester K and the Ventilator. These products are good enough to where you can now leave the leslie at home, especially the Vent. That is what I gig with; my Motionsound leslie sits in the basement now; not worth carrying it to shows; the Vent handles the duties almost as well.
I love my LESLIE 3300 on Wheels. The Black Cabinet with casters is easy for gigging. You have the option of 11 pin or 6 pin or 1/4 inch

Ask a Question