Linkin Park "New Divide" weird keyboard sound

Reaction score
Yoyoyo :)

I've been doing my own little kind of "project" at home, to do a recording of New Divide by Linkin Park each year. At first it was just to track my improvements regarding my singing "skills", but now I've realized that it's a good way to track my recording skills as well.

There are a few rather odd keyboard sounds in the song, but I've managed to find solution for most of them that are good enough for this years recording. However, I'm totally stuck at the sound around 2:38 - 2:52:

Last year I actually used a guitar for that, but I want to do it better this year, so any help would be very appreciated :)

Reaction score
Well, it does undeniably sound guitar-ish, but it's played in a sort of abstract way that I don't think a guitar can do.
And anyway, since my M50 doesn't have a sampler, I can't do it that way anyway...

Maybe the mystery is more how he plays it, rather than the sound itself?

Reaction score
ya know....just a thought but it actually may be they took a guitar sample and ran it though thoes usb turntables that they have.... ive seen lincoln park use them before.... that may not be true but its an idea

Reaction score
Could be... You mean those things that look like DJ equipment?
If you look at the video below at around 2:40, he does actually use some kind of weird DJ-looking thing...

Ask a Question