Listen to music?

Reaction score
I've only just embarked on the road to learning to play, but I do listen to a lot of different genres of music.
So i'm guessing you guys do too? but what equipment do you use?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
There is nothing worse than listening to music through crappy speakers.
In 1968 when I started work I saved hard just to buy the best stereo system. I got a second job too.
Then in 1969 I spent all of my money on a state of the art system. Speakers were "hokatone" 4 cubic feet boxes with 10 inch woofers and horn tweeters. The amp was awesome. I remember it cost me almost $1000 (a lot of money back then).
My family thought I was mad. But I think music is bred into some people and some not.
I was specific in getting the horn tweeters since I got hooked on Jethro Tull and the flute sound had to be sharp and distortion free.
Then I got into ELP and man wow! Did the house rumble when I played "lucky man" unbelievable!
These days I have my car sound system (not bad) and my computer sub woofer (not bad)
Ray:)

Reaction score
lol I remember scrimping n scrapping to buy my Linn lp12 turntable back in the eighties, still have it now! Same with the Audio vector speakers.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My system is decent but nothing exotic. An old Kenwood Receiver (somewhere around 40W RMS per channel), a Denon CD Player, an old Pioneer Double Cassette Deck, generic bookshelf and subwoofer speakers, all patched thru a no name mixer I found with RCA inputs that I also patch my computer and TV set thru. I got rid of my Yamaha turntable and vinyl a few years back and have since pretty much replaced everything with CDs.

Believe me, after 50 years of listening to scratchy, popping vinyl recordings I have to say the vinyl audiophiles are out of their tiny frigging minds and was happy to unload them.

Actually I noticed some distortion on the CD channel yesterday. I'll have to do some troubleshooting on the Denon and the mixer to isolate the problem once my back heals up.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question