Live Auto Accompaniment/Arpeggiator Apps

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for software/app solution (MacOSX, iOS, etc.) that provide live, automatic arpeggiater functionality similar to the Drum Tracks + Bass functions in Yamaha's Motif line, Korg's Kronos/Krome/Kross lines, and a lot of the music arranger keyboard lines like the Korg PA line.

Now I know Band in a Box does 'auto accompaniment' but not sure if it can do this 'live' - ie I play a chord on the left hand, and melody on the right hand, and the bass, drum etc follows along, with some variations switchable.

Genre wise, Jazz, Funk, R&B, Fusion and Hip Hop are must haves for me

I know a lot of the basic electronic keyboards have these functionality but the quality of chords and arrangements are kind of 'childish' if you know what I mean. I am looking for high quality, contemporary stuff that the Korg, Yamaha and Roland lines of mainstream synth offers.

Now I do own the following hardware and software, and I would love some pointers on whether the existing inventory can also achieve what I need. Many thanks!

- Logic Pro X
- Ableton Live
- Mainstage
- Many MIDI keyboards...

Many thanks!
Joe

Reaction score
Check out:-
Chord Pulse
One Man Band
Soft Arranger
vArranger

Or simply buy a Korg Pa700 or Yamaha SX700 arranger and load it with additional Styles and or modify the standard Styles to suit.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
What keyboards do you have now? Yamaha makes some free apps, and one or more of them might do what you want, but I think they might only work with Yamaha keyboards, and some of them only work with specific models.

Reaction score
Hi
Genre wise, Jazz, Funk, R&B, Fusion and Hip Hop are must haves for me

I know a lot of the basic electronic keyboards have these functionality but the quality of chords and arrangements are kind of 'childish' if you know what I mean. I am looking for high quality, contemporary stuff that the Korg, Yamaha and Roland lines of mainstream synth offers.

Now I do own the following hardware and software, and I would love some pointers on whether the existing inventory can also achieve what I need. Many thanks!

- Logic Pro X
- Ableton Live
- Mainstage
- Many MIDI keyboards...

Many thanks!
Joe

BTW
These basic electronic keyboards can not be so basic and are filled with top quality features and instrument voices.

A Yamaha Genos is $6000,
a Korg PA4X $4200,
a Yamaha SX900 $2200,
A Korg Pa1000 $2200
so hardly basic prices.

If these prices are to steep all the styles you quite can be achieved in one highly portable keyboard that costs less than $1000

Reaction score
There now exist an open programming platform to write music software quite easily (hard elements already written like access midi ports, etc). I guess that its not that hard now to write an arranger software using voices from VST Libraries (SampleTanks, Kontakt, VSC, YamahaSoft Synth for Windows10, etc). On my facebook channel i once wrote a post on rare Keyboards using built-in VST libraries (can't recall right now..that keyboard)

Apart from OneManBand12 (Offers Main A.B.C.D) and RMCA Pro (Offers A/B) Both have style makers and editor (yamaha format), i haven't found any currently maintained open-source project for arrangement software.

If you want open-source tools like BiaB (NOT- Realtime Arrangers) there are 2: Impro-Visor and JjazzLab ...

Ask a Question