Lk-220 Casio Usb-midi Driver

Reaction score
Hello friends
I am trying to connect my lk-220 to my XP SP2 computer, but i am having problems with the driver. The message is that windows cant find the CASIO USB-MIDI driver, i put in a file the casio web page driver version 1,2 and didnt work. Reading the casio web page i think i need the version 1.1 driver, included with some cd inside the keyboard box, i only have 1.2. where i can find it, or how i can fix this. Thanks in advance.​

Reaction score
What did you do with the 1.2 driver? That's the one you'd want (there's no reason to use the 1.1 driver, which is older). Did you follow the instructions from Casio to install it properly?

You should uninstall the driver, disconnect the keyboard from your computer, and reboot before you try to reinstall the driver. DO NOT connect the keyboard until the installer tells you to (or, if it never tells you to, connect the keyboard after the driver installation program is finished and has stopped running).

Reaction score
Thanks Kanthos for your response
I did everything as the procedure in the user´s guide and did not found the driver. I asking for the old version because in the casio page i read that the version 1,2 (only available for download from the page) is only to solve some 1,1 version issues, and they said that is only an update to the 1,1 v. (which i have not) I didnt install nothing, the driver is not found inside the file i downloaded, may be is suppose to be in windows but i havent it. Thanks.

Reaction score
cultrop, is this the Casio web page you were looking at?

From the description it almost sounds like you need to shutdown your computer, plug in your keyboard, turn it on, and then boot your computer. It looks like driver version 1.2 is supposed to fix the problem, but it's worth a try to see what happens.

Reaction score
Casio Usb-midi Driver, Pc Softaware

Thanks Evergreenthompson for your response
Yes, is the casio web page. I did your hint but the same result. I watch that in system hardware appear two devices when i turn on the keyboard, one is a usb composite device and the other with a yellow mark is the casio usb-midi device, when i turned off the keyboard, both dissppear. Maybe it can work in this way, i dont now, please recomend a software to work the keyboard with my pc to make a test. Thanks

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Pretty much any demo version of music software should give you a good idea if your connection is working. I'm using ACID Music Studio at the moment, though someday I may move up to something more fully featured and significantly more expensive. ;)

Here's another thought... Are you plugging your keyboard directly into your computer, or are you plugging the keyboard into a USB hub? If using a hub, try a direct connection.

Ask a Question