LOAD RHYTHMS FROM USB

NBB

Reaction score
HI,
I HAVE PURCHASED CT-X870IN AND WANT TO LOAD MY GENERATED MP3 RHYTHMS FROM USB.
I MANUALLY CHANGED EXTENSION FROM MP3 TO CKF, AC7 IN MUSICDAT FOLDER BUT IT DIDN'T WORK.
I AM ABLE TO LOAD CKF FILES FROM CASIO SITE BUT DON'T KNOW HOW MP3 CAN BE CONVERTED TO AC7/CKF.
PLEASE GUIDE.
THANK YOU.

Reaction score
An MP3 is a generic audio file. AC7 and CKF are Casio MIDI Rhythm files. Those are two totally unrelated types of technology. You can not convert MP3 to either AC7 or CKF.

NBB

Reaction score
Ok.
So is there any way to generate own rhytms in casio file format?
I have seen a video in which generated rhythms were loaded through usb (in the same model).
Thank you.

Reaction score
The CT-X870IN does not have a Rhythm Editor, so there is no way to generate you own Rhythms. However, you can download User Rhythms onto the USB flash drive and load them into the User Rhythm memory slots on the keyboard. You can load AC7, CKF, and Z00 (Z zero zero) Rhythm files. Files must be in the MUSICDAT folder on the flash drive, or the keyboard will not recognize them. You will find complete instructions for loading Rhythm files into the keyboard on Page EN-50 of the manual.

AC7 Rhythm files are from the most recent keyboards. You will not find very many of those currently on the internet, but you will find an abundance of CKF files on the old Casio-Europe site:

https://music.casio.com/e/data_ex4/rhythm.html

You may find a few newer AC7 files on the Casio Music Forum site, but you will need to register as a member in order to download:

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/category/39-ctk-wk/

Casio distributed the Z00 files for the WK-3300, WK-3800 and WK-8000 as CKF files, but when they were loaded into those keyboards, the keyboards converted them to Z00 files. You will find the same thing here. When you load CKF or Z00 files into the CT-X870IN it will convert them to the new AC7 format. You will see this if you ever use the Casio Data Management Software to transfer them back to the hard drive on your computer. They will all come back as AC7 files.

NBB

Reaction score
Ok.
So it is not possible to load our own rhythms with ct-x870in model.
Thanks anyways for prompt replies.

Reaction score
YES ! It IS possible to load your own rhythms on the CT-X870IN. You just can not CREATE them on the CT-X870IN, but if you have access to a CTK-7000 or 7200 or WK-7500 or 7600, with their Pattern Sequencers and Rhythm Editors for creating Rhythms, you can port those to the CT-X870IN and load them - the same with CKF of AC7 Rhythms that a friend has created and passed to you, can be loaded.

NBB

Reaction score
Ok.
But as of now, I don't have access to the mentioned keyboards.
Also, I don't know much about smf converter. Is it useful for the same?

Reaction score
"But as of now, I don't have access to the mentioned keyboards."

My point is: If someone, who does have access to one of those keyboards, creates a rhythm, that you like, and gives it to you, you can certainly "load" it onto your CT-X870IN.

NO! The Casio SMF Converter is for an entirely different purpose. It has nothing to do with Rhythms. It converts Standard MIDI Files to Casio CM2 Song files so they will work better with the Learning features of the LK Lighted Key keyboards and others that have Learning features, including the CT-X870IN, but it really does not do a very good job. It makes of lot of mistakes and bad assumptions. You can usually do a much better job modifying the MIDI file, manually, yourself, with MIDI editor/sequencer (DAW) software. Besides, the SMF Converter is not compatible with Windows 10 or MAC-OS, so unless you have an older Windows computer, you can not run it.

But . . . . your MP3 "rhythms" . . . . if you mean those are backing tracks . . . . you can connect the headphones output jack of your MP3 player, phone, etc to the Audio In jack of the CT-X870IN with a standard 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo cable and play them through the CT-X870IN's speakers.

Last edited:

NBB

Reaction score
Ok Sir.
Actually I wanted to load a few karaoke tracks as well as mp3 tracks created by me in mobile apps, so that I can play piano along with a track.
If it's possible to use casio ct-x870in speakers to play both background mp3 track and piano simultaneously, then it is enough for me.

Reaction score
Yes! You can play along with your MP3 backgrounds, and the sounds of both will come from the CT-X870IN's speakers together, as though you are all one band or orchestra. If you need to adjust the volume of your backgrounds, you will need to do that on your MP3 device, as the CT-X870IN has no volume control on its Audio In jack.

NBB

Reaction score
Ok.
Right now I don't have such cable, but I will purchase it.
I will get back to the forum if I encounter any problem.
Thank you very much.

Reaction score
Ok.
So is there any way to generate own rhytms in casio file format?
I have seen a video in which generated rhythms were loaded through usb (in the same model).
Thank you.
Casio CT X5000 can produce styles files on the format AC7, and can copy to the computer.

Reaction score
The CT-X870IN does not have a Rhythm Editor, so there is no way to generate you own Rhythms. However, you can download User Rhythms onto the USB flash drive and load them into the User Rhythm memory slots on the keyboard. You can load AC7, CKF, and Z00 (Z zero zero) Rhythm files. Files must be in the MUSICDAT folder on the flash drive, or the keyboard will not recognize them. You will find complete instructions for loading Rhythm files into the keyboard on Page EN-50 of the manual.

AC7 Rhythm files are from the most recent keyboards. You will not find very many of those currently on the internet, but you will find an abundance of CKF files on the old Casio-Europe site:

https://music.casio.com/e/data_ex4/rhythm.html

You may find a few newer AC7 files on the Casio Music Forum site, but you will need to register as a member in order to download:

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/category/39-ctk-wk/

Casio distributed the Z00 files for the WK-3300, WK-3800 and WK-8000 as CKF files, but when they were loaded into those keyboards, the keyboards converted them to Z00 files. You will find the same thing here. When you load CKF or Z00 files into the CT-X870IN it will convert them to the new AC7 format. You will see this if you ever use the Casio Data Management Software to transfer them back to the hard drive on your computer. They will all come back as AC7 files.
The Casio data link you mention will open but none of the rhythm data files will open. Any idea why?

Ask a Question