Looking for a good Stage Piano

Reaction score
Hello all. Newbie here (hate that word). I had a Yamaha CP300- seemed to have everything you could want in a keyboard: drum beat accompaniment, Split keys to walk base, good selection of voicings, weighted keys. etc.. Everything you needed to gig on your own (I never did, but you COULD easily).

I found out recently that Yamaha doesn't make the CP300 anymore. Any suggestions on good comparable instrument, with those basic features, regardless of brand (I know its going to cost me), will be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Even a Yamaha DGX670 will do what you want.

Using its arranger features to give full accompaniment or turning off the instruments to leave just the drums.

Reaction score
i get it.. thanks for that .

Can I set a rock or jazz drum beat and walk a base line and solo on the split keyboard?

Reaction score
Hello all. Newbie here (hate that word). I had a Yamaha CP300- seemed to have everything you could want in a keyboard: drum beat accompaniment, Split keys to walk base, good selection of voicings, weighted keys. etc.. Everything you needed to gig on your own (I never did, but you COULD easily).

I found out recently that Yamaha doesn't make the CP300 anymore. Any suggestions on good comparable instrument, with those basic features, regardless of brand (I know its going to cost me), will be very much appreciated.

Thank you!
Here's one for sale: https://forums.musicplayer.com/topic/181737-yamaha-cp300/

Reaction score
drum beat accompaniment, Split keys to walk base, good selection of voicings, weighted keys. etc..
Lots of keyboards can do the things you list, the big differences may be in the "etc" at the end. ;-) So for example, the CP300 has speakers built in, do you need that?

Anyway, off-hand, the least expensive board I can think of that probably meets all your criteria is Casio CDP-S350. (Though its speakers are not as beefy as what's in the CP300.)

Reaction score
Lots of keyboards can do the things you list, the big differences may be in the "etc" at the end. ;-) So for example, the CP300 has speakers built in, do you need that?

Anyway, off-hand, the least expensive board I can think of that probably meets all your criteria is Casio CDP-S350. (Though its speakers are not as beefy as what's in the CP300.)

There is a new model in the CDP S360.

It has more features and greater polyphony.

Ask a Question