Looking for a good workstation, what's good?

Reaction score
I'm starting a hip-hop band with a live band and definitely alot of singing mixed in, some funky, some rock. I've been looking for a good keyboard to both produce at home, make some recordings, and to perform live with. The closest thing to in my price range and awesome for these purposes seems to be the new yamaha motif xs6. What do you think? Is this a good choice? Is there something else out there with good production capability and weighted keys for a similar price range? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
You cant go wrong with the motif series boards....however the 61 key version isnt weighted keys i dont think...you would have to get the 88 key version to get hammer action keys.....BUT.....the sounds are great and cant be beat...:cool:

Keyplayer

Reaction score
Motif has my vote also, but for a cheaper alternative with a built in sixteen track recorder, 40 gig HD, lotsa bells and whistles check out the Alesis Fusion 88 keys.

Reaction score
The Yamaha MOTIF XS6 got semi-weigthed keys, but XS8 got fully weigthed hammer-effect keys. And as mentioned before, you get 61 keys instead of 88 if you buy the XS6.

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
but have in mind that the XS semi weighted keys are plasticky, and ES semi weighted keys are actually semi weighted keys.

Yamaha screwed that one unfortunately...

Ask a Question