Looking for a new workstation

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking at a workstation from one of the 'big 3". I want something that has good piano sounds, as well as great orchestral/strings/horns/etc(even if I have to buy an expansion card). Waterfall style keys would be nice but not mandatory. 61 or 76 key, good polyphony value(128??). I'll mainly be using it for piano lines and orchestral arrangements to compliment my guitar work, sort of along the lines of Evanescence, New Guns N' Roses, etc. Something that can play violins, trumpets, horns, xylophones etc as well as play them very well. I like the look of the Roland Fantom G6/G7 but have heard Korg are better value for money etc but don't know which would be best for me. Any feedback would be appreciated. Don't really have a determined budget, probably between $2,000US-2,800US but I'm easy about spending a bit more if it's worth it. Thanks!

Reaction score
Korg Triton Rack loaded with all the xpansion roms

Mickey85

The Korg Triton Rack is a good value, I know it's kind of an old synth and not really a workstation? , but if you can find one at a good price loaded with the EXB chips, I say go for it, and you will save yourself some big $$$. You will be amazed how good the sounds are (the kind of sounds you are describing you need).

Cheers!

49erkid in So. Cal.

Ask a Question