Looking for a new WS (alredy read the guide :P)

Reaction score
I've always been stuck with a Roland EXR-5 (I don't even know if you know which one is XD) but now my group is really growing up fast so I've decided to change it with a new WS. I'm really confused by the huge amounts of WS and by the lack of review-demos that i can find (also when i get to a musical store i never find the ones that I'm interested in).

I need a good keyboard in:
-nice split/dual modes
-Good synth leads-big leads
-Epic orchestra and string stuff

Those are mainly the things that i'd like to find in the WS. Btw i was attracted by the juno stage, especially because it's roland and i'm already confident with the UI, how is it? and i'm stuck in the decision between Roland and Korg

My budget is more or less on the Juno Stage price

Really need some advices, thanks in advance ^^

PS: no yamaha, i hate those guys >_<

Reaction score
Hello

Welcome to the forum. I've a Juno Stage - it's not a workstation - no sequencer.

It can't load samples. It will play back audio tracks (like an mp3 player, an iPod or your mobile phone).

It's been discontinued so look for a serious price reduction.

Does a great job for me on gigs.

What's your standard for "epic orchestra and string stuff?" I do some string section mock ups but use VSTs.

Also what's your budget? I don't know what price you've seen for a Juno Stage.

Reaction score
Hello

Welcome to the forum. I've a Juno Stage - it's not a workstation - no sequencer.

It can't load samples. It will play back audio tracks (like an mp3 player, an iPod or your mobile phone).

It's been discontinued so look for a serious price reduction.

Does a great job for me on gigs.

What's your standard for "epic orchestra and string stuff?" I do some string section mock ups but use VSTs.

Also what's your budget? I don't know what price you've seen for a Juno Stage.

Explain myslef: with synth i mean "pure synth" so i need something more versatic because i do need lots of more instruments then synth/pads like strings, hardps, harpsi etc. For the orchestral stuff i mean that i need them so i just skip the ones with not-well-made strings & orchestras.My budget is around 600-800 euros (already found some juno stage that are around 750-800) so obviously i'll get a 2nd handed instrument but I'm open to evaluate some stuff more expansive if it worth the price

Reaction score
750-800 euros is a good price for a new Juno Stage.

BTW - just looked up the Roland you have. It's got proper 1/4" outputs. That's a giggable keyboard. What are you playing it through at the moment when you gig with your band? A keyboard combo? The PA and headphones for you?

If it's just a tweakable synth you're missing use your budget to get one and a two tier keyboard stand.

Post back if you want suggestions. Here's something to think about:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug10/articles/roland-gaia-sh01.htm

Reaction score
The main fact is that I would like to upgrade also my other sounds and also I would have no idea how to use properly a synth like that XD

Ask a Question