Looking for a weighted (hammer action) keyboard to complement my Roland Juno G

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I currently own a Roland Juno G and I'm gigging with a pop/rock cover band. Now I'm looking for a second keyboard so that I can play acoustic sounds on more realistic keys (weighted, graded hammer action...) while leaving the Juno G for synths, etc.

I basically have 2 options (around $800 and not very heavy ones):

1) Getting a good Midi controller (such as the Fatar Numa Nano) to play piano sounds from the Juno G.

2) Getting a digital piano with good piano samples (such as the Yamaha P85, Casio Privia PX-130 or Casio Privia PX-330). From the specs, it seems the Casios are a much better option due to 128-note poliphony, multisamples, etc, but I have not had the chance to try any on stores).

Any advise will be appreciated :) thanks a lot!

Reaction score
The Casio keyboards have got good reviews, and I've tried a few at stores and they're good value in my opinion. I quite like the action of them. If I were you I would steer clear of the PX-130 since it doesn't have a midi-out or midi-in. I would get the PX-330, since it has a midi-out, and if you find you're not crazy about the sounds then you have a good feeling keybed to control your Juno G.

I'm also waiting for the Numa Nano to come out, if the action is good I plan on getting it. Biggest thing for me there is controller functionality; the numa nano has 4 zones (making splits and layers easier). If controller functionality isn't an issue, Casio might be your best bet.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! A couple of days ago I managed to try a couple of Casios (PX-130 & PX-830) and the feeling is really really good! Sounds are quite good, too, so I fully agree with your comments.
I think I'll be ordering a PX-330 tomorrow... :)

Ask a Question