Looking for keyboard around £500

Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking for a keyboard around the £500 price range. My priorities are:
- Reasonably nice feeling keys... 88 weighted keys
- Fairly decent piano sounds - I'm not too fussed about having loads of other sounds but I would like the piano sound to sound realistic.
I am willing to spend a bit more if keyboards a bit more expensive are significantly better but I don't really want to be spending too much more... Maybe £750 at an absolute limit.
One of the keyboards I was looking at was this: (Yamaha P95B)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003MQLYM2/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=musical-instruments
Has anyone got one of these? What do you think?
Thanks

Reaction score
Do you want something portable, or something that's more a piece of furniture?
If you're OK with something portable that doesn't look like a piano - check out the Yamaha P95, Casio PX-330 or Korg Sp-250
If you want something wooden and piano-like, then the Yamaha YDP141 or CASIO AP220 are (just) within your budget.

But basically, anything from the "big" manufacturers should be suitable - it's more personal preference about the "feel" of the keys, and features of each model.

However, if you go less than about £500, then the cheaper models (eg Korg SP170, Yamah NPV80) don't have "proper" weighted piano keyboards. Not necessarily a problem if weight is more important to you than "feel".

Ask a Question