looking for lighted keyboard with these features

Reaction score
Hi, I am in the market for a keyboard with the following features for my kids:
- Keys that light to teach
- Left- or right-hand only playing (keyboard plays the other hand)
The Casio LK-280 or the Yamaha EZ-200 look like they fit the bill, however, I am interested in one more feature.

Is there such a thing as downloading songs from the Internet (MIDI, MUS, or other format) and loading them onto a keyboard? My son has a favorite site that has these files available in addition with sheet music for all his favorite Nintendo games. I thought it would be really cool if we could download Mario songs and learn to play with lighted keys. Is such a thing possible?

Looking at the feature set for the keyboards I listed - they look awesome except for the fact that you seem to be limited to the 100 built-in songs.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Is it as simple as putting on a USB stick and plugging into the keyboard? Is there any extra equipment involved? Thanks.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Hi Dave,

I believe the LK280 has a USB port that can be directly connected to a PC.

You can also us a SD card.

Once you download a midi song, as I said above, you may need to tinker with the song using a midi song editor ike Anvil Studios, and adjust the track that is for the left and right hands.

The manual is quite vague about this - so the safest bet would be to get a dealer to confirm this can be done.

The Y-man

Reaction score
Thanks - the left and right hand thing will be cool enough to have with the built-in songs, I don't see myself editing midi or anything, but its cool to know that its possible. Thanks for your help, looks like I found a winner.

jen

Reaction score
I have a casio lk 60 which does that
and a fd1 player but ive had them both for yrs and the player requires floppy disks to add extra songs onto the player to learn to play

Ask a Question