Looking for recommendations

E8n

Reaction score
I've just gotten back into playing after nearly a 25 year layoff. I picked up a DX7II-FD (I played several DX's back in the day and liked them) and a MOX6 which I really like.

I think the DX7 is just not going to do it for me. I love the MOX6 and I'm looking for something to compliment it.

I don't do a lot of recording type stuff and if I did I think the MOX would work just fine for most of my needs there. I'm primarily interested in just playing and having a pretty big voice library. Looking for something that will do some nice piano, B3 type of basic sound. Also looking for some of the old school synth sounds. It would be nice if you could load third party voices and that there may be some available out there.

I've looked a bit at the Nord's and was really impressed that they have so many libraries available on their website. Their gear also feels great when you are playing it.

I appreciate any recommendations that you may have.

-Dave

Reaction score
I've just gotten back into playing after nearly a 25 year layoff. I picked up a DX7II-FD (I played several DX's back in the day and liked them) and a MOX6 which I really like.

I think the DX7 is just not going to do it for me. I love the MOX6 and I'm looking for something to compliment it.

I don't do a lot of recording type stuff and if I did I think the MOX would work just fine for most of my needs there. I'm primarily interested in just playing and having a pretty big voice library. Looking for something that will do some nice piano, B3 type of basic sound. Also looking for some of the old school synth sounds. It would be nice if you could load third party voices and that there may be some available out there.

I've looked a bit at the Nord's and was really impressed that they have so many libraries available on their website. Their gear also feels great when you are playing it.

I appreciate any recommendations that you may have.

-Dave

Well Dave, I have been a yamaha man since I was a mere 11 years old. (50 now)! LOL 3 years ago I purchased a Yamaha S90XS. Wicked nice board to say the least. but HEAVY. omg 84 pounds! taking it to gigs was like carrying a coffin. So... believe it or not I did a lot of research and found the recently born (March 2012) Roland Jupiter 50. Sounds you could only imagine. The pianos are outstanding. The organs are true to life Hammond, with very nice (and programable) leslie on/off slow/fast buttons and you can also bring up the draw bars to tweek. Synth sounds just wonderful as are the E. Piano sounds. Just a gem. It's the "little brother" of the Jupiter 80. same sound engine as well. with a huge 76 keys, it boasts a SMALL 24 pounds! LOL can carry it under your arm. Just love this keyboard. You should check it out!
John

Ask a Question