Looking for VERY specific midi controller keyboard

Reaction score
Hi,

Im looking for a Midi controller keyboard with some very specific features....

I am the programmer for a band who are in rehearsals currently and about to go on tour. One of the jobs I've had to do is sample some of their old keyboards and load these samples onto onto a muse receptor to make their old dodgy keyboards into a more tourable reliable system.

One of these keyboards is a casio MT-45

http://weltenschule.de/TableHooters/Casio_MT-45.html

I have sampled it fine, but the band member wants a controller keyboard to play these samples which feels as similar to play as possible to the MT45, as he plays it a lot and is very used to the feel of it. This has presented me with a problem.

It is a 49 key keyboard with mid size keys. I cannot for the life of me find a 49 key keyboard that has anything smaller than full size keys. For reference, the keys and feel of it are similar to a microkorg, only obviously with an extra octave.

Also as I'm going to the receptor and not into a laptop, whatever I get has to output on 5pin DIN, not USB output as seems to be so common these days.

So to sumarise, does anyone have any idea of a 49 key midsized controller keyboard that outputs on 5pin DIN? I can find ones that are 37 key with the right size keys, I just cant find that extra octave. Money is no object, if it's an expensive synth with the right number or correctly sized keys that is fine, it just HAS to be 4 octaves with smallish keys!

And before anyone asks, using the origional MT45 is not an option, it is out of tune, really glitchy and a general nightmare to tour, so we've had to sample it and clean it up to make it good enough for a long touring campaign.

Reaction score
I've just posted there, I am desperate to try and find this stupid keyboard. I can't believe how hard this is!

Ask a Question