Looking to buy a Keyboard. Roland VR09?

Reaction score
I am a guitarist and I play a bit of keyboards. I wanted to learn a bit more though so looking to buy a good keyboard that has nice piano/synth sounds, decent feel. I most likely won't be gigging with it.

I pretty much have my heart set on the Roland VR09 as it seems to be affordable and ticks all the boxes. I'm also keen on an audio looper as then I can play riffs, have them loop and then solo over them on guitar.

Wanted to know if any one has heard anything bad about this keyboard? or if there is something for a similarish price that is superior?

Thanks in advance!

Wes

Reaction score
The VR-09 is a fine piece of kit. If you care about organ, there is nothing comparable unless you are willing to spend twice as much money.

The synth is much more limited than a dedicated synthesizer but a million times more flexible than a typical ROMpler.

The only thing I don't like the VR-09 for is piano. I just can't get it expressive enough without a weighed action. Of course, that's a bit like saying I don't like playing Flamenco on a Les Paul.

Fin

Reaction score
Jmemsce told me about one the other day... I have my heart set on it too. It does just what I want it to. I can't agree with Wes about the piano... I think the piano can be tuned to be better through the computer built in. You can change the sensitivity of the keys and the pressure sensor to be just right for you. I'm sure you would love this keyboard if you got
It.

—Fin—

Ask a Question