low budget

Reaction score
Sir I have low budget but I want a keyboard that I used for live and studio purpose...I can make my own tone...and rebuild it and play it....plzz suggest me..I am totally confused should I go for roland Xps 10 or Korg Kross...

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I have no experience with either of those, so can only comment based on their manuals and what's been posted on the web.

The XPS-10 looks like it has better polyphony, but apparently some people have criticized it as having smaller than normal keys (which I can't confirm) and not a lot of memory for loading custom sound wave samples. Its specs and MIDI guide look pretty good to me, though-- but apparently it isn't available in the USA, which makes me wonder why not.

The Kross's polyphony isn't as good as the XPS-10''s, but its MIDI guide looks pretty good to me-- by which I mean it can accept a lot of MIDI Control Change messages for modifying sound parameters and so forth.

I don't know how much the Korg Kross costs in India, or wherever you are, or how much the XPS-10 would cost if converted to USA dollars. But the USA price of the 61-key Korg Kross is the same as the USA price of the 61-key Roland Juno-DS.

Have you watched YouTube videos of the XPS-10 and Kross to see which one sounds better to you, or seems easier to use as far as its panel controls? Are there any in a local music shop that you can try in the store, or are you stuck with ordering something online? Does the store have a good returns policy so you can return a keyboard at no cost to you for a full refund if it isn't what you wanted after all?

Ask a Question