M-Audio Axiom 49 2nd Gen vs Novation Impulse 49

Reaction score
Hello People!

I want to choose between M-Audio Axiom 49 2nd Gen and Novation Impulse 49 and i want to hear some pros and cons regarding both of them.
Please discuss/comment from the keys until the rotary encoder knobs,sliders,pads and everything else drop into your attention.
Is for synth production purposes through cubase and NOT for live performance usage.

Thank you

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I own an M-Audio Oxygen 49 and an M-Audio Venom. Even though the Venom is a higher priced "premium" keyboard from them the keyboard action on both sucks. Velocity is entirely useless unless you turn it off. Otherwise on quick runs it drops notes like nobody's business.

Fortunately I use the Oxygen on my laptop for kibitzing around and have velocity turned off so it's not totally useless.

Likewise with the Venom I use a Korg TR76 as a controller for the keyboard and just use the Venom as a module so the problem doesn't come up when I'm recording.

My advice is to run fast and far away from any M-Audio keyboard.

Their pedals and studio monitors are good though. I own a few of those as well.

Gary

Ask a Question