M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3 vs Nektar Impact GX49

Reaction score
Since I have no idea how you intend to use this keyboard and what features are needed and features aren't necessary the answer is, as Jack Nicholson said in A Few Good Men, "I don't have the first damn clue...". I'm an educated man but I'm afraid I can't speak intelligently about what's important to you from a keyboard perspective because, although I may be perceived to be a mind reader, in this particular case, I'm not. So as they say on Shark Tank, "I'm out".

oh yeah, this --->>>> click right here ....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Since I have no idea how you intend to use this keyboard and what features are needed and which ones aren't necessary, the answer is, as Jack Nicholson said in A Few Good Men, "I don't have the first damn clue...". I'm an educated man but I'm afraid I can't speak intelligently about what's important to you from a keyboard perspective because, although I may be perceived to be a mind reader, in this particular case, I'm not. So as they say on Shark Tank, "I'm out".

oh yeah, this --->>>> click right here ....
I intend to use this keyboard mostly at home, on the desk. DAW integration features are not crucial. Probably the most important thing for me is quality of the keys and how do they feel. I would check them out myself but unfortunately there aren't any of these keyboards available on display in my town.

Reaction score
Since the M Audio mk 3 was only released late last year I have not tried one, nor can I at present as my local music stores are off limits to me.

I did try the prior mk 2 and the GX 61 a couple of years ago and the Nektar would get my vote on keybed feel alone, but that is very subjective and personal thing.

That said the keybeds of these low cost controllers are imo very compromised in their feel but for a little bit more cash then the trusty Roland A500 comes into play and that is well worth you researching further.

Ask a Question