M-Audio Keystation 49e sustain problem

Reaction score
hello guys,i recently bought a M-Audio Keystation 49e used and the usb was busted so i decided to go the midi to usb route and power it externally with a 9v 500mah PSU.All was fine,it also registers keys and the pitch bend and everything work fine but it doesn't really let me play chords and some notes sustain for what seems to be infinity,does anyone know a solution to my problem?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The M-Audio Keystation is the crappiest controller produced by a crappy company.

Your issues are timing issues caused by latency in your computer setup and the sheer cheapness of the CPUs they put in those m-audio thingies.

One step toward making it work is to disable velocity response on the keyboard. The CPU is too slow to register intermediate velocities so it hangs on key off notes.

Like I said, you may have other issues involving computer MIDI latency but try this fix first, THEN look into latency issues on Google and how to fix them.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Welcome.

The solution as Gary‘s advice states can lead to a frustrating amount of faffing about and acceptance that there might well not be an easy solution with your combination of kit.

It depends upon what you want to produce and your level of keyboard knowledge.

If you have an iPhone or iPad and the right connection you could connect the two together and see what happens, Garage Band is free so there is your DAW but now there is a BUT as not all MIDI devices can take enough power from an Apple device and it may need a powered USB hub.

Ask a Question