M-audio keystation + 4Front TruePianos (no sound)

Reaction score
I have installed successfully the M-audio keystation on my PC (Window 7) and could hear sounds with Ableton Live 8. However, when I switched to 4Front TruePianos, I could not hear any sound. When I pressed the keyboard, the virtual piano responded correspondingly and the meter of output volume did respond. Is there anything about the configuration and PC setting I can do to rectify the problem? Thanks for help.

Reaction score
I've no idea to be honest, as I've never used 4Front True Pianos, however it sounds like the software isn't outputting to the correct audio output / interface on your system. Open up the software and go to something like "Preferences" see if you can find the audio output settings and have a play.

Reaction score
If the TruePianos is a plugin inside Abletone Live 8 then you should be able to hear the audio output unless the channel its on is muted or volume is all the way down. However, if you are running it as a standalone, then the reason you may not be able to hear its output could be to do with the sound driver you are using is not sharing its resources with other apps so Abletone exclusively uses the audio. On Sonar, there is a tick box to enable you to share out the driver with other resources. I'm using the internal sound card so when I have sonar running, I can't for example listen to a youtube video unless I check this option. Just a thought. :)

Ask a Question